Why would I buy a Cloud Couch for?
Our little baby — the Cloud Couch is not an ordinary sofa, but it’s a magical set of furniture that kids can actually play with, designed to encourage their imagination. At the same time, the timeless aesthetics allows it to fit seamlessly into our home so that both adult and children stuff coexist together!
What is it made of?
Given our commitment to ensure safety and durability, we use only the highest quality materials.
- CERTIPUR-US Certified Foam. This means that our foam made of high-density, open-cell polyurethane. Simply put, our foam is free of mercury, lead, formaldehyde and heavy metals. It has low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), so you won't face any dubious smells nor have to worry about harmful gases releasing into your home environment. This is the gold safety standard for any foam!
- OEKO-TEX® Certified Soft Linen Fabric. Our zipped covers are made from OEKO-TEX® certified soft linen. We chose this fabric with comfort and breathability in mind, especially for countries with warm and humid weather all year long like Singapore. It's the first-ever linen modular play sofa ever!
- YKK Japan Zippers. You should know by now that we only select the best, and YKK zippers are known for its durability. On top of that, our premium zippers have zipper covers to hide them, so that they do not accidentally scratch our kids.
Can I wash the covers?
We know accidents happen (for kids and parents) so we made Cloud Couch out of durable material that can be washed.
If there are any stains, spot cleaning with a gentle soap would rub off most stains. Vacuum your Cloud Couch to keep it clean, while if you're looking for the occasional deep wash, our linen covers can be machine-washed in cold water (30-40 degrees only). Ensure that you zip the covers up before washing, and avoid any soaps which contain colour brighteners. Hang them up to dry, and do not place them in the dryer.
Are the covers waterproof?
We don’t like Bacteria, thus we have intentionally not included a waterproof cover. The foam needs to “breath”. If we used a cover and water somehow made its way to the foam, mold and bacteria would become an additional (and unwanted) house guest.
How firm is the foam?
Our Cloud Couch is not just another play sofa. We took an enormous amount of time experimenting to find the perfect balance between firmness and weight - because who wants a fort with a saggy roof? Or pieces that are too heavy to carry?
Our foams are 1.5lb/3ft rated at 48ILD. The first number is an indication of density. Generally the higher the number the better quality foam, however there is a trade off (and this is where it gets important!). The higher the number the heavier the foam and this can cause a problem in a play couch.
The second number or the ILD (Indentation Load Deflection) represents firmness. The higher the number, firmer is the foam.
Our foam is comfortable to sleep on yet not too heavy to move around (about 13kg for all 10 pieces) and with enough structure for our littlest of engineers. It's really a balance and we have found that balance.
What can you expect to receive at your door?
Each Cloud Couch is shipped in a brown box. Our foam is lightly compressed to safely fit into a box, and you will find:
- 4 Large Square Base Cushions which Zip-Together (interconnecting zip)
- 2 Back Triangles
- 2 Long Rectangular Bolsters
- 2 Circular Round Cushions
- A Cloud Couch Thank you & Play Ideas Card!
When it arrives at your door, it needs to be unpacked and expanded. It is ready to play with but may take a 1-2 days to fully expand. We recommend jumping, building and having serious fun as ways to help the expansion process.
How much shipping?
We offer a flat rate shipping of $10SGD for both our Singapore and West Malaysia customers, and our current shipping time is 3 to 5 working days! We will do our best to get your Cloud Couch to you as soon as possible, but sometimes there may be uncontrollable circumstances or hiccups we may face with our courier so we seek your understanding. Do drop us a message or email if you face delays!
Do you have warranty?
We offer a 1 year warranty on the zippers and foam. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is a problem with your Cloud Couch. To start a warranty claim, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package.
Where is the Cloud Couch manufactured?
Happeapod Studio is proudly mom-led! This means that we only source for reputable, thoughtful and quality-conscious manufacturers. Our Cloud Couch are made in China, with a trustworthy and honest manufacturing facility that value quality as much as we do. We took great pains and have explored different suppliers, with a few rounds of samples for almost about a year to ensure our materials are safe and of highest quality.
Safety lies at the heart of Happeapod's design - after all, we are parents ourselves!